Brew the perfect cup of coffee in six easy steps:
- Start with freshly roasted, specialty coffee. Keep your coffee in an air-tight opaque container and out of direct sunlight to maintain freshness. Only consider keeping coffee in the freezer if you’re not going to use an open package for more than one month.
- Use fresh, cold water.
- Use the correct grind for your brewing method. A grind that is too coarse can result in a weak cup of coffee. A grind too fine can clog your coffee machine and create a bitter taste.
- Coffee strength is a matter of taste. Some may like it stronger or weaker. We suggest starting with two tablespoons of coffee to 6 ounces of water, and adjust according to taste.
- Be sure your coffee maker (e.g. manual drip filter, electric drip filter, press pot, stove top vacuum pot) is clean as residues of stale coffee oils will interfere with good flavour.
- Use a brewing method (such as manual drip filter, press pot, vacuum pot, or high-quality electric drip) which will produce temperatures of 195 - 205 degrees F. Never boil or reheat coffee. Enjoy your coffee as soon as possible, as it will retain optimum flavor and aroma for approximately 30 minutes after brewing.
Visit our Shop Online section to purchase our coffees, teas, and gifts for the holidays.